You are not logged in. You may browse the content all you want, but you will be restricted from downloads and other member content. Join to get full access.
To kick off the year, this category of releases helps coaches with weekly releases of drills, lesson plans, activities and other resources — all to help teach students through speech and debate. This category concludes at the end of the Early Season (November 27), but all archives are available throughout Season 18.
- Coaches Pre-release: “New Coaching Membership Launching August 21!” (8/15/2017)
- Coaches Release #1-8: “Introductory Downloads” (8/21/2017)
- Coaches Release #09: “Navigating Your Online Membership” (8/28/2017)
- Coaching Release #10: “Navigating Debate” (9/4/2017)
- Coaching Release #11: “Navigating Limited Prep” (9/11/2017)
- Coaches Release #12: “Commercials” (Character Assessment Game) (9/18/2017)
- Coaches Release #13: “Scrimmage Instructions” (9/25/2017)
- Coaches Release #14: “Introduction to Logic” (10/2/2017)
- Coaches Release #15: “Club Logistics” (10/9/2017)
- Coaches Release #16: “Logical Fallacies” (10/16/2017)
- Coaches Release #17: “Fallacy Jeopardy” (10/23/2017)
- Coaches Release #18: “Following Current Events” (10/30/2017)
- Coaches Release #19: “Applications and Support in Value Debate ” (11/6/2017)
- Coaches Release #20: “Four Point Refutation” (11/13/2017)
- Coaches Release #21: “Cross-examination” (11/20/2017)
- Coaches Release #22: “Rebuttals” (11/27/2017)
- Coaches Release #23: “Briefing for Value Debate” (12/4/2017)
- Coaches Release #24: “Flowing” (12/11/2017)
Path to Succcess
Season 18 "preseason" material gives four foundational lessons for the speech and debate member. If you haven't gone over this material yet, be sure to so! Review as necessary:
- Preseason Release #1: "Roadmap to Success"
- Preseason Release #2: "Structure"
- Preseason Release #3: "Strategy"
- Preseason Release #4: "Modeling"
Don't fall behind! Stay prepared for competition by accessing your downloads throughout the tournament season. Follow specific releases for your event by viewing the Release Schedule. In general, the school season follows:
- Pre-season Releases: June. This four-part video series unfolds the "Monument Way" to preparing for competition. The structure-and-strategy methodology for learning speech and debate has helped countless champions over the years.
- Summer Releases (#1-8): July - August. These consist of basic lessons on debate topics as well as introductory cases and briefs for those topics. Limited-prep begin studying current events and league rules for the new season.
- Early-season Releases (#9-24): September - December. These consist of 16 additional releases covering the league resolutions. Limited-prep continues their study with weekly releases on their events.
- Midseason Releases (#25-37): January - March. Members will be enjoying their first tournaments in the midseason. These releases are meant to narrow the competitive focus and keep speakers and debaters sharp for their competitions.
- Late-season Releases (#38-45): April - May. We'll be cheering on those Members who advance to state, regional and national qualifiers with negative briefs, generics, current event releases and opposition briefs. Members will be encouraged all the way through their National Tournament.
Explore the Monument Publishing Archives
Publishing since 1998, we have a host of archives for academic speakers and debaters.
All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, it you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Do you want to be a champion?
Well, then. Become a Monument Member. Every week new material is released to members. Consider the Monument Membership an extremely reasonably priced and resourceful coach dedicated to preparing you for your upcoming tournament.
Which you're going to win!
Do you feel you are restricted from this content in error? Make sure you are logged in with your membership email. If you still have troubles and believe you should be accessing this valuable information, contact us immediately. We will get you back on track!