Lincoln-Douglas debate is a one-on-one event that addresses unique value resolutions set forth by various debate organizations. These leagues provide competitive events throughout the year for students in public, private, charter and home schools. Your weekly download of Lincoln-Douglas material covers resolution-specific cases and opposition briefs for those cases, most of which are written by former Lincoln-Douglas champions themselves. Members should allocate time during the week to study up on Monument’s releases. By tournament time, you will be fully prepared to compete.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate Leagues We Follow
We often have source material overlap to other leagues, but the three we remain focused on throughout Season 19 are:
Visit any of the download pages above to explore the growing content at Monument.
Season 20 Release Schedule
FIRST RELEASES: AUGUST 5! Monument releases content every Monday morning throughout the first semester of school. New to Season 20: ALL SOURCE CONTENT WILL BE RELEASED BY CHRISTMAS. We also have some holiday surprises in store for you. For a detailed schedule, click here. The following is a general release schedule for Season 20:
- August 5, 2019 - Keys to Speech & Debate Success. This four-video course gets you prepared for the new year.
- August 12, 2019 - All Preseason Material Releases. Every event category will be delivered their kick-off download.
- August-September - Most informational material will be released (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- September-December - All cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2019 - You're all set to succeed! Access to the hundreds of releases will continue through June 2020.
Members are fully prepared for competition. Click here to join.