Lincoln-Douglas Debate is one of the most popular events in NCFCA. The event is a one-on-one debate format that centers on a value resolution announced by the league. Monument writes source material based on the resolution, which is:
Resolved: When in conflict, governments should value fair trade above free trade.
Latest NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Releases
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #06: “Property” (NEG) (9/10/2018) - This download is a Negative case for the NCFCA 2018-2019 resolution. The case focuses on the value of property.
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #05: “Quality of Life” (AFF) (9/3/2018) - This case aims to ensure that the affirmative has a moral high ground in the debate. The rhetoric specifically questions the ethical validity of a negative position, while suggesting that affirmative better takes in to account the well-being of all people. The case focuses primarily on ideology as opposed to practicality.
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #04: “Applications” (INFO) (8/27/2018) - This article is about applying the resolution to real life. When the judge receives your arguments, how will he compare them to what he has already seen and experienced? When he’s writing his ballot, the judge will tell himself a story about why one side deserves the vote. This article gives you the tools to ensure that in that story, your side is the hero, not the villain.
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #03: “Philosophies to the Resolution” (INFO) (8/20/2018) - Economics needs philosophy. To grapple with the crucial issues of the NCFCA LD resolution this year, you need to transcend the typical conception of economics and infuse it with philosophical understanding. This article equips you to do just that.
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #02: “Strategies” (INFO) (8/13/2018) - This article will evaluate the factors of a conflict resolution, importance of a government actor, the meaning behind the ideologies of fair trade and free trade, and how to make a general case for each side of the resolution.
Earlier NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Releases
- NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas Release #01: “Resolution Overview” (INFO) (8/6/2018)
- Preseason: Lincoln-Douglas Debate (6/10/2018)
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.