Below is a list of Stoa Homeschool Speech and Debate League source material released weekly for Lincoln-Douglas Debate (sometimes called value debate). The source material is written for the 2018-2019 school year resolution.
“Resolved: Criminal procedure should value truth-seeking over individual privacy.”
Earlier Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Releases
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #10: “Human Rights” (NEG) (10/8/2018) - This case has a certain point of view when it comes to criminal procedure. That it is the important picture. I’ll be first referencing how to take this case and understand it, and then addressing special strategies that will help when using this case.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #09: “Probable Cause” (AFF) (10/1/2018) - This is an affirmative case for the Stoa Lincoln-Douglas resolution.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #08: “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” (NEG) (9/24/2018) - This download is a negative case for the Stoa Lincoln-Douglas resolution with the value centered around the phrase, "Innocent until proven guilty"
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #07: “Social Contract” (AFF) (9/17/2018) - The key to persuasion (and this is true in any Lincoln-Douglas debate resolution) is to make your side seem like the emotional—yet reasonable—choice, and to shift the rhetorical debate to make your opponent’s side seem unimportant.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #06: “Human Rights” (NEG) (9/10/2018) - This download gives definitions, application and contentions formatted into a Negative case for debaters to use in Lincoln-Douglas rounds.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #05: “Justice” (AFF) (9/3/2018) - This download is the first Affirmative case for the Stoa 19 Season considering the value of Justice.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #04: “Applications” (INFO) (8/27/2018) - This download covers different court issues and the dealings of criminal procedure to give an idea and foundation of where to start when writing cases for this year.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #03: “Philosophies of the Resolution” (INFO) (8/20/2018) - This lesson gives the philosophical stand point behind the resolution.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #02: “Resolution Strategies” (INFO) (8/13/2018) - This lesson examines both sides of the resolution by examining relevant information and unique first-thoughts. While also giving some helpful tips to improve strategy.
- Stoa Lincoln-Douglas Release #01: “Resolution Overview” (INFO) (8/6/2018) - This lesson starts by defining and explaining criminal procedure, privacy, and truth-seeking. From there, it examines some potential values and criterions behind the sides of the resolution.
- Preseason: Lincoln-Douglas Debate (6/10/2018) - This preseason document introduces you to the most exciting competitive event of Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.