Parliamentary Debate (aka “Parli”) is a debate format offered by several leagues, consisting of teams that receive the resolution minutes before they debate. Monument Member downloads include a model resolution and a sample tournament of resolutions to practice. The download contains hyperlinks to websites to help strengthen debaters’ understanding of the topics introduced.
Latest Parli Releases
- Parli Release #01: “Higher Education” (8/6/2018) - This week’s topics of debate include higher education, presidential authority of classified information, the federal government’s unconstitutional authority in the financing market, and more!
- Preseason Release #2: Parli Debate (6/18/2018) - This preseason document introduces you to the most exciting competitive event of Parli Debate.
Parliamentary Debate Organizations
The following are active parli debate organizations:
- Stoa hosts a two-on-two format that allows 15 minutes for students to prepare, allowing internet access and coaching during prep. See Stoa Parliamentary Debate for more information.
- NSDA hosts a three-on-three format called “World Schools Debate” that gives 60 minutes to prepare. The entire team consists of five members who prepare among one another. See World Schools Debate at NSDA for more information.
- The High School Debate Program is a California-based parliamentary debate program that hosts parli debate tournaments. See High School Debate for more information.
- The World Schools Debating Championships (WSDC) is an international organization that hosts parliamentary debates around the world. See the WSDC website for more information.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.