Parliamentary Debate (aka “Parli”) is a debate format offered by several leagues, consisting of teams that receive the resolution minutes before they debate. Monument Member downloads include a model resolution and a sample tournament of resolutions to practice. The download contains hyperlinks to websites to help strengthen debaters’ understanding of the topics introduced.
Parliamentary Debate Organizations
The following are active parli debate organizations:
- Stoa hosts a two-on-two format that allows 15 minutes for students to prepare, allowing internet access and coaching during prep. See Stoa Parliamentary Debate for more information.
- NSDA hosts a three-on-three format called “World Schools Debate” that gives 60 minutes to prepare. The entire team consists of five members who prepare among one another. See World Schools Debate at NSDA for more information.
- The High School Debate Program is a California-based parliamentary debate program that hosts parli debate tournaments. See High School Debate for more information.
- The World Schools Debating Championships (WSDC) is an international organization that hosts parliamentary debates around the world. See the WSDC website for more information.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Open enrollment June 1-August 31, 2018. Season 19 releases begin August 6.
Monument releases TWO semesters of content every Monday morning, plus preseason in the summer. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 420 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • FREE releases through July
June and half of July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation. The Preseason material is FREE during their release weeks with NO OBLIGATION to buy.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 13 events and categories: 260 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 8 events and categories: 160 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.