Below is a list of NCFCA Homeschool Speech and Debate League source material released weekly for Policy Debate (sometimes called team-policy or CX debate). The source material is written for the 2018-2019 school year resolution:
“Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its foreign policy regarding international terrorism.”
Earlier NCFCA Policy Releases
- NCFCA Policy Release #14: “Military Aid in Somalia – Good” (NEG) (11/5/2018) - This Negative brief argues that our military strategy in Somalia works. Current policies are reducing terrorism and stabilizing the country. The last time we disengaged from Somalia was a disaster and we don’t want to make that mistake again.
- NCFCA Policy Release #13: “Withdrawal from Somalia” (AFF) (10/29/2018) - The US has direct military involvement in Somalia, but US involvement only fuels the fire. This case disengages from Somalia and tells the warring factions to negotiate a political settlement.
- NCFCA Policy Release #12: “Repeal AUMF” (NEG) (10/22/2018) - This is a negative brief that argues agains the repeal of the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF). The brief argues that the Affirmative plan is not realistic and provides numerous disadvantages.
- NCFCA Policy Release #11: “Repeal AUMF” (AFF) (10/15/2018) - Days after 9/11, Congress passed the 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF). The affirmative case argues that now is the time for Congress to take back its constitutional war making authority and repeal the obsolete AUMF
- NCFCA Policy Release #10: “Sanctions on Sudan ” (NEG) (10/8/2018) - The affirmative argues for removing Sudan from the SST list and revoking all remaining sanctions on Sudan. In response, this negative brief argues that the plan isn’t topical, isn’t needed, wouldn’t definitively solve, and would result in disadvantages.
- NCFCA Policy Release #09: “Life Sanctions Sudan” (AFF) (10/1/2018) - Sanctions against Sudan were just permanently lifted by the Trump Administration. However, there are still some sanction in effect and Sudan remains on the SST list. This download is an affirmative case that supports the removal of these sanctions and the Sudan name on the SST list.
- NCFCA Policy Release #08: “Afghanistan” (NEG) (9/24/2018) - The Affirmative case argues that further military efforts in Afghanistan are futile. This Negative brief argues that withdrawing our forces would lead to a much worse future. The Status Quo is effectively fighting terrorism there, and if corruption is a problem, US presence is the best way to fight it.
- NCFCA policy Release #07: “Afghanistan” (AFF) (9/17/2018) - This affirmative case provides the reasons behind why the US presence in Afghanistan has been wasteful. The evidence argues that thousands of Americans have been wounded or killed and billions of dollars have been wasted in the war there.
- NCFCA Policy Release #06: “Pakistan” (NEG) (9/10/2018) - This negative brief argues that Pakistan does not need military aid. The affirmative would like to continue aid to Pakistan, whereas this negative brief says that if the US really wants to fight terrorism, reducing aid to Pakistan will surely help.
- NCFCA Policy Release #05: “Pakistan” (AFF) (9/3/2018) - The United States and Pakistan have worked together to fight against terrorism. However, President Trump decided to freeze the military aid to Pakistan because he didn’t believe Pakistan was doing enough. This affirmative case supports the involvement in Pakistan.
- NCFCA Policy Release #04: “Drones” (NEG) (8/27/2018) - This Negative brief gives the reasoning and evidence against the mandate to get rid of the use of oversea counter-terror drones. The affirmative plan would cancel the use of drones, where as the Negative argues that drones are actually highly accurate and civilian casualties are rare.
- NCFCA Policy Release #03: “Drones” (AFF) (8/20/2018) - Drone strikes have been a key element in US counterterrorism, but drone strikes sometimes kill innocent men, women and children unlucky enough to be nearby whenever the missile hits. This download supports a policy against these deadly drones.
- NCFCA Policy Release #02: “Status Quo International Terrorism” (INFO) (8/13/2018) - In this download, we examine some of the better known and widely debated issues that are currently being discussed in the literature on international terrorism. Our goal is not to persuade you to any point of view, but rather to summarize what some of the arguments may be.
- NCFCA Policy Release #01: “History of International Terrorism” (INFO) (8/6/2018) - Policy debaters must have a solid understanding of the history of the year’s topic of study. The purpose of this article is to give competitors the underlying knowledge of that history while relating it to the resolution.
- Preseason: Policy Debate (6/25/2018) - This preseason document introduces the most exciting competitive event of Policy Debate. It gives the foundation of policy by giving competitor's an understanding of the structure, rules, explanation and the resolution for this season's policy debate.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning through four quarters (2 semesters). Each quarter contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. Click here for preseason and free downloads. The school season is as follows:
- Quarter 1 • Starts August 6, 2018
Ten releases for 14 events and categories. Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation. Perfect to start your journey through the competitive year.
- Quarter 2 • Starts October 15, 2018
Releases continue, this time with case and brief development for speakers and debaters in policy, value, parli and all the speech events. Perfect for those who want to be transformed into champion competitors for the first tournaments of the year.
- Quarter 3 • Starts January 7, 2019
Members are delivered more specific negative and opposition briefs. Eleven different events and categories for 220 additional downloads throughout the year. Perfect for debaters who need to own the source content to maximize their competitive success.
- Quarter 4 • Starts March 11, 2019
The home stretch through state, regional and national championships, the fourth quarter releases additional downloads for those speakers and debaters who are ready to win. Perfect for those who need additional help to differentiate themselves from other champions.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.