Below is a list of Stoa Homeschool Speech and Debate League source material released weekly for Policy Debate (sometimes called team-policy or CX debate). The source material is written for the 2018-2019 school year resolution:
“Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reform its foreign aid.”
Earlier Stoa Policy Releases
- Stoa Policy Release #10: “Cargo Preference for Food Aid” (NEG) (10/8/2018) - The Affirmative’s theory is that CPFA slows down and increases the price of aid, creating harm to hungry people in poor countries. Here are the negative strategies against the theory.
- Stoa Policy Release #09: “Cargo Preference for Food Aid ” (AFF) (10/1/2018) - This download is an affirmative case on cargo preferences for the Stoa 2018-2019 policy resolution.
- Stoa Policy Release #08: “Pakistan” (NEG) (9/24/2018) - This Negative brief argues that Pakistan doesn't need military aid. Far from helping the US in the war on terrorism and the conflict in Afghanistan, Pakistan is actually helping the bad guys. If the US really wants to fight terrorism, reducing aid to Pakistan will surely help and we should keep reducing it.
- Stoa Policy Release #07: “Pakistan” (AFF) (9/17/2018) - The United States needs to maintain a good relationship with Pakistan, and the only way to restore it would be to un-freeze the military aid.
- Stoa Policy Release #06: “Peace Corps” (NEG) (9/10/2018) - NEG will argue that Peace Corps is trying to make the world a better place, that volunteers have training specific to the field they’ll be going into, PC has new policies in place to make sure the volunteers are safe, and that there’s a diverse group of volunteers—it’s not all white rich folk.
- Stoa Policy Release #05: “Peace Corps” (AFF) (9/3/2018) - This lesson gives a case for abolishing the Peace Corps as well as additional evidence to support this mandate.
- Stoa Policy Release #04: “Ag Universities” (NEG) (8/27/2018) - This brief contains arguments – not only against subsidizing African agriculture universities – but also against any case that deals with agricultural improvements in Africa.
- Stoa Policy Release #03: “Ag Universities” (AFF) (8/20/2018) - It's time for Africans to research what works best for them and then reap the rewards: Build up Africa's own educational institutions so they can research and develop their own agricultural improvements locally.
- Stoa Policy Release #02: “Status Quo Foreign Aid” (INFO) (8/13/2018) - Policy debaters should be aware of current issues being discussed in this year’s topic area. This download has the perfect information to equip them to do so.
- Stoa Policy Release #01: “History of Foreign Aid” (INFO) (8/6/2018) - Policy debaters should be aware of current issues being discussed in this year’s topic area. This download has the perfect information to equip them to do so.
- Preseason: Policy Debate (6/25/2018) - This preseason document introduces you to the most exciting competitive event of Policy Debate.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.