Public Forum debate is a two-on-two event that addresses resolutions set forth by the National Speech and Debate Association. The resolutions are announced periodically throughout the year, times specified by the NSDA. See SpeechandDebate.org/topics to see the schedule as well as the current resolutions.
Earlier Public Forum Releases
- NSDA Public Forum Release #10: “Don’t Ratify Law of the Sea” (CON) (10/8/2018) - Most other nations have ratified the UN Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) since it was written in 1982. And that's just fine.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #09: “Law of the Sea” (PRO) (10/1/2018) - This download is a case for the pro side of the NSDA 2018 resolution for Public Forum.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #08: “Law of the Sea” (CON) (9/24/2018) - This brief explores the CON (negative) side of the resolution. Note: I included long pieces of evidence that include excellent background, but much too long to be read into a round. Pieces of evidence that has underscores may be read in your debates.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #07: “Law of the Sea” (PRO) (9/17/2018) - This download gives you background information to help guide you in your research, plus a hefty amount of PRO material that helps explain the affirmative side. Next release will delve into the negative (CON).
- NSDA Public Forum Release #06: “Crossfire” (INFO) (9/10/2018) - This download establishes the structure, purpose, and strategy behind crossfire in a Public Forum format.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #05: “Research” (INFO) (9/3/2018) - This download covers support, sources, credibility and evidence. There are all essential elements of research as well as essential for winning rounds.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #04: “Case Writing” (INFO) (8/27/2018) - Learn how to write a case and prepare for opposing arguments. Both necessary for winning rounds.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #03: “Flowing” (INFO) (8/20/2018) - Flowing is essential in Public Forum debate. This lesson explains the why and the how behind this essential skill.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #02: “Speaker Responsibilities” (INFO) (8/13/2018) - Each of the four speakers has a different role to play in the public forum debate round. In this lesson, you will learn what is expected of each.
- NSDA Public Forum Release #01: “Basic Preparation” (INFO) (8/6/2018) - This unit walks you through four expectations you can have that will form the framework and structure of public forum debate.
- Preseason: Public Forum Debate (7/2/2018) - This preseason document introduces you to the most exciting competitive event of Policy Debate.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.