Public Forum debate is a two-on-two event that addresses resolutions set forth by the National Speech and Debate Association. The resolutions are announced periodically throughout the year, times specified by the NSDA. Monument Member downloads include topic analysis and sample cases for the resolutions released early in the year. Members should allocate time during the week to study the articles and cases. By tournament time, debate teams will be fully prepared to compete.
Season 19 Public Forum Releases
Monument Members receive Public Forum releases through its introductory material and the first NSDA resolution (Sept/Oct). Archive material may be made available if new resolutions justify it.
- Public-Forum Release #03: “Resolution Overview” (INFO) (8/19/2019) - The September-October Public Forum debate resolution is straightforward. This article examines the four terms of which three appear to be unambiguous.
- All-Member Release #02: “Keys to Speech and Debate Success” (Video Lessons) (8/12/2019) - This 4-video course sets the stage for the most successful speech and debate season, walking you through foundational, practical, strategic and successful keys to your success.
- Public Forum Release #01: “Introduction to Public Forum” (8/5/2019) - This preseason document introduces you to this most exciting debate event.
Season 20 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning throughout the first semester of school. New to Season 20: ALL SOURCE CONTENT WILL BE RELEASED BY CHRISTMAS. We also have some holiday surprises in store for you. For a detailed schedule, click here. The following is a general release schedule for Season 20:
- August 5, 2019 - All Preseason Material Releases. Every event category will be delivered their kick-off download.
- August 12, 2019 - Keys to Speech & Debate Success. This four-video course gets you prepared for the new year.
- August-September - Most informational material will be released (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- September-December - All cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2019 - You're all set to succeed! Access to the hundreds of releases will continue through June 2020.
Members are fully prepared for competition. Click here to join.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member or a Library Access Owner you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.