There are numerous Literary Interpretation Events (a.k.a. “interp”) where competitors display an appreciation and recitation of a piece of literature. Most forensic leagues have numerous types of interps, the most popular being Humorous Interp (HI), Dramatic Interp (DI) and Duo Interp (DUO). Monument Members hear from champions who have enjoyed success in various interp categories. They reference their own speech success and give pointers to members for their preparation.
Earlier Interp Releases
- Interp Release #10: “Cinderella” (Duo) (10/8/2018) - Combined with our wacky imaginations, this piece would bring us up on the stage alongside the top seven finest other duo interpretation competitors at NITOC.
- Interp Release #09: “Ferdinand the Bull” (OI) (10/1/2018) - This is an Open Interpretation performed by Stephen Roe during the 2009-2010 season. He won 1st Place, 2010 Stoa National Invitational Tournament of Champions.
- Interp Release #08: “The Watsons Go to Birmingham” (HI) (9/24/2018) - The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963 connects its readers to the characters, which is what makes this book so special.
- Interp Release #07: “Flowers for Algernon” (DI) (9/17/2018) - This speech was performed by Jacob Aschmutat in 2009. He is in NCFCA’s Hall of Fame and was the NCFCA Dramatic Interpretation Champion 2009.
- Interp Release #06: “Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince” (Duo) (9/10/2018) - This download is a Duo Interpretation performed by Anthony Matzke and Eduardo Ricks which received the title of quarterfinalist, 2011 NCFCA National Championship.
- Interp Release #05: “All the Great Books” (HI) (9/3/2018) - This speech was performed by Chandler Lasch in Season 12 (2011-2012). She took 3rd place at Stoa’s National Invitational Tournament of Champions and 10th place at 2012 Concordia Challenge which is one of the biggest tournaments in the nation.
- Interp Release #04: “At the Back of the North Wind” (OI) (8/27/2018) - Use this source material to enhance your understanding of Open. This speech is an excellent example of champion speaking. You may want to consider doing this event in Season 19.
- Interp Release #03: “Steel Magnolias” (DI) (8/20/2018) - This speech was performed by Chandler Lasch in Season 12 (2011-2012). She took 5th place at Stoa’s National Invitational Tournament of Champions and was consistently a finalist throughout the season.
- Interp Release #02: “The Book of Awesome” (Duo) (8/13/2018) - Use this source material to enhance your understanding of Duo. This speech is an excellent example of champion speaking. You may want to consider doing this event in Season 19.
- Interp Release #01: “Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch” (HI) (8/6/2018) - This speech was performed by Micah Jeub in Season 14 (2013-2014). He took 1st place for both Stoa’s National Invitational Tournament of Champions and NCFCA National Tournament.
- Preseason: Competitive Speech (7/9/2018) - This preseason document introduces you to the most exciting world of competitive speech.
Most speech and debate organizations offer interp as a category for speech. The following are active interp organizations:
- AFA provides Prose Interpretation, Dramatic Duo, Program Oral Interp, After Dinner Speaking, Drama Interp, and Poetry Interp.
- NCFCA provides Biblical Presentation, Duo Interpretation, Open Interpretation, and Original Interpretation.
- NCFL Extemp provides Dramatic Performance, Duo Interp, Oral Interp, .
- NSDA provides Declamation, Dramatic Interp, Duo Interp, Humorous Interp, Poetry, Program Oral Interp, Prose and Story Telling.
- Stoa provides Dramatic, Duo, Humorous, and Open.
- UIL provides Oral Interpretation.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.