There are numerous Literary Interpretation Events (a.k.a. “interp”) where competitors display an appreciation and recitation of a piece of literature. Most forensic leagues have numerous types of interps, the most popular being Humorous Interp (HI), Dramatic Interp (DI) and Duo Interp (DUO). Monument Members hear from champions who have enjoyed success in various interp categories. They reference their own speech success and give pointers to members for their preparation.
NOTE: Interp is a new category being offered for Season 19. Content will build through December 2018, starting in June.
Most speech and debate organizations offer interp as a category for speech. The following are active interp organizations:
- AFA provides Prose Interpretation, Dramatic Duo, Program Oral Interp, After Dinner Speaking, Drama Interp, and Poetry Interp.
- NCFCA provides Biblical Presentation, Duo Interpretation, Open Interpretation, and Original Interpretation.
- NCFL Extemp provides Dramatic Performance, Duo Interp, Oral Interp, .
- NSDA provides Declamation, Dramatic Interp, Duo Interp, Humorous Interp, Poetry, Program Oral Interp, Prose and Story Telling.
- Stoa provides Dramatic, Duo, Humorous, and Open.
- UIL provides Oral Interpretation.
Season 19 Release ScheduleClick here for Season 18
Monument releases weekly downloads at 5:00 AM every Monday morning, Mountain Time. These are released in 3 quarters throughout the school year with an option to join a special Nationals Intensive Training Community in the 4th quarter. Each quarter contains 12 releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling over 400 releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- 1st Quarter (Summer): Members kick off the year for most events, providing them basic lessons on the new debate topics for specific leagues. Competitive speech releases are also available.
- 2nd Quarter (Fall): These consist of 12 additional weeks covering the league resolutions. Limited-prep and speech continue their studies with weekly releases on their events.
- 3rd Quarter (Winter): Members will be enjoying their main tournaments of the season. These releases are meant to narrow the competitive focus and keep speakers and debaters sharp for their competitions.
- 4th Quarter (Spring): Monument narrows its focus to our most popular events and leagues. Members will be invited to join Nationals Intensive Training Communities (NITCs), details to be announced by New Years 2019.
Special Renewal Offer
Get ALL of Season 19 for only $59. That's 40% off, and it is available only to current Season 18 members. Expires 5/31/18.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.