There are numerous “platform” speeches where competitors write and deliver their own informational or persuasive speech. Most forensic leagues offer platforms like Oratory, Persuasive, Informational Speaking, and many other unique forms of platform speaking. Monument Members hear from champions who have enjoyed success in various platform categories. They include their own speech as well as give pointers to members for their preparation.
NOTE: Platform is a new category being offered for Season 19. Content will build through December 2018, starting in June.
Most speech and debate organizations offer platform as a category for speech. The following are active platform organizations:
- AFA provides Informative Speaking and Persuasive.
- NCFCA provides four categories of Platform: Biographical Narrative, Illustrated Oratory, Informative Speaking, and Persuasive Speaking.
- NCFL provides Oratorical Declamation and Original Oratory.
- NSDA provides Expository, Informative and Original Oratory.
- Stoa provides Expository, Original Oratory, and Persuasive Speaking.
Season 19 Release ScheduleClick here for Season 18
Monument releases weekly downloads at 5:00 AM every Monday morning, Mountain Time. These are released in 3 quarters throughout the school year with an option to join a special Nationals Intensive Training Community in the 4th quarter. Each quarter contains 12 releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling over 400 releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- 1st Quarter (Summer): Members kick off the year for most events, providing them basic lessons on the new debate topics for specific leagues. Competitive speech releases are also available.
- 2nd Quarter (Fall): These consist of 12 additional weeks covering the league resolutions. Limited-prep and speech continue their studies with weekly releases on their events.
- 3rd Quarter (Winter): Members will be enjoying their main tournaments of the season. These releases are meant to narrow the competitive focus and keep speakers and debaters sharp for their competitions.
- 4th Quarter (Spring): Monument narrows its focus to our most popular events and leagues. Members will be invited to join Nationals Intensive Training Communities (NITCs), details to be announced by New Years 2019.
Special Renewal Offer
Get ALL of Season 19 for only $59. That's 40% off, and it is available only to current Season 18 members. Expires 5/31/18.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.