Coaches are our favorite people! You help promote speech and debate, the best activity to train up the next generation of speakers and debaters. The following downloads release through the end of the calendar year, all meant to help kick off the competitive season for your students.
This Week's Release
Earlier Coach Releases
- Coaches Release #10: “Extemp” (10/8/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for Extemporaneous competitors.
- Coaches Release #09: “NCFCA Apologetics” (10/1/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for NCFCA Apologetic students.
- Coach Release #08: “Public Forum” (9/24/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for NSDA Public Forum debaters.
- Coaches Release #07: “Stoa Lincoln-Douglas” (9/17/2018) - In this release authors Micah Chapman debates from the aspect of a social contract, arguing that valuing justice is the best way to affirm the resolution because if one is seeking truth then they are also seeking justice.
- Coaches Release #06: “Stoa Policy” (9/10/2018) - In this release authors Vance Trefethen and Chris Jeub review the history of foreign aid and our government’s actions and policies on it as they have developed over the years.
- Coach Release #05: “Platform” (9/3/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for Platform speeches.
- Coach Release #04: “Parli” (8/27/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for parliamentary debaters.
- Coach Release #03: “Dramatic Interp” (8/20/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for our Literary Interpretation (“Interp”) category.
- Coach Release #02: “NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas” (8/13/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release is the current release for NCFCA Lincoln-Douglas debaters. Lincoln-Douglas Debate is one of the most popular events in NCFCA.
- Coach Release #01: “NFHS Policy” (8/6/2018) - This week’s Monument Coach Release includes the current release for NSDA Policy debaters, plus a summary of all the releases we have this week for Members.
Season 19 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 500 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • June-July
June and July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation.
- Semester 1 begins August 6
Releases begin in August and last through December, totaling 20 official lessons for 14 events and categories: 280 total downloads! Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 11 events and categories: 220 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.