Coaches are our favorite people! You help promote speech and debate, the best activity to train up the next generation of speakers and debaters. The following downloads release through the end of the calendar year, all meant to help kick off the competitive season for your students.
This Week's Release
Latest Coach Releases
- Coaches Release #24: “Flowing” (12/11/2017) - Flowing brings order to the often-complex arguments in the debate round. The following are instructions for the three debate formats.
- Coaches Release #23: “Briefing for Value Debate” (12/4/2017) - This document explains the various methods for briefing.
- Coaches Release #22: “Rebuttals” (11/27/2017) - This document walks through the considerations debaters should have when preparing for their rebuttal speeches in policy, Lincoln-Douglas and public forum debates.
- Coaches Release #21: “Cross-examination” (11/20/2017) - One of the hardest parts of debate to master (and, consequently, the most enjoyable) is Cross-Examination. Ultimately, your students’ cases can be as polished as possible and their debate binders stuffed with applications, but they’ll still lose rounds.
- Coaches Release #20: “Four Point Refutation” (11/13/2017) - The 4-point Refutation may be used with any type of debate. The following example takes a value debate (i.e. Lincoln-Douglas debate) between Privacy and Justice.
Earlier Coach Releases
- Coaches Release #19: “Applications and Support in Value Debate ” (11/6/2017)
- Coaches Release #18: “Following Current Events” (10/30/2017)
- Coaches Release #17: “Fallacy Jeopardy” (10/23/2017)
- Coaches Release #16: “Logical Fallacies” (10/16/2017)
- Coaches Release #15: “Club Logistics” (10/9/2017)
- Coaches Release #14: “Introduction to Logic” (10/2/2017)
- Coaches Release #13: “Scrimmage Instructions” (9/25/2017)
- Coaches Release #12: “Commercials” (Character Assessment Game) (9/18/2017)
- Coaching Release #11: “Navigating Limited Prep” (9/11/2017)
- Coaching Release #10: “Navigating Debate” (9/4/2017)
- Coaches Release #09: “Navigating Your Online Membership” (8/28/2017)
- Coaches Release #1-8: “Introductory Downloads” (8/21/2017)
- Coaches Pre-release: “New Coaching Membership Launching August 21!” (8/15/2017)
Season 19 Release Schedule
Open enrollment campaign June 1-August 31, 2018. Season 19 releases begin August 6.
Monument releases TWO semesters of content every Monday morning, plus a FREE preseason in the summer. Each semester contains hundreds of releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling 440 guaranteed releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- Preseason • First Release: June 4 • FREE!
June and half of July consist of weekly releases on the front cover of MonumentMembers.com. These releases consist of official downloads plus video content explaining the transformative power of successful speech and debate participation. The Preseason material is FREE for all with NO OBLIGATION to buy.
- Semester 1 begins August 6 • Non-member browsing closes August 31, 2018
Releases begin in June and last through December, totaling 20 official releases for 13 events and categories: 260 total downloads! Monument focuses on NCFCA, NSDA, and Stoa leagues, but much of the source material can apply to other organizations. Events include Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, Apologetics, Platform and Interpretation.
- Semester 2 begins January 4 • Registration Closes January 1, 2019
Releases begin in January and last through May, totaling 20 additional releases for 8 events and categories: 160 total downloads! A special invitation to some national tournament training will be extended to Semester 2 Monument Members who make it to their national competition.
Special Renewal Offer
Are you a current Season 18 member? You get a special renewal offer, but it expires 5/31/18...
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.