Coaches are our favorite people! You help promote speech and debate, the best activity to train up the next generation of speakers and debaters. The following downloads release through the end of the calendar year, all meant to help kick off the competitive season for your students.
This Week's Release
Latest Coach Releases
- Coaches Release #23: “Briefing for Value Debate” (12/4/2017) - This document explains the various methods for briefing.
- Coaches Release #22: “Rebuttals” (11/27/2017) - This document walks through the considerations debaters should have when preparing for their rebuttal speeches in policy, Lincoln-Douglas and public forum debates.
- Coaches Release #21: “Cross-examination” (11/20/2017) - One of the hardest parts of debate to master (and, consequently, the most enjoyable) is Cross-Examination. Ultimately, your students’ cases can be as polished as possible and their debate binders stuffed with applications, but they’ll still lose rounds.
- Coaches Release #20: “Four Point Refutation” (11/13/2017) - The 4-point Refutation may be used with any type of debate. The following example takes a value debate (i.e. Lincoln-Douglas debate) between Privacy and Justice.
- Coaches Release #19: “Applications and Support in Value Debate ” (11/6/2017) - Debaters use applications to show the impact of their arguments and the consequences of their philosophies, applied to the real world.
Earlier Coach Releases
- Coaches Release #18: “Following Current Events” (10/30/2017)
- Coaches Release #17: “Fallacy Jeopardy” (10/23/2017)
- Coaches Release #16: “Logical Fallacies” (10/16/2017)
- Coaches Release #15: “Club Logistics” (10/9/2017)
- Coaches Release #14: “Introduction to Logic” (10/2/2017)
- Coaches Release #13: “Scrimmage Instructions” (9/25/2017)
- Coaches Release #12: “Commercials” (Character Assessment Game) (9/18/2017)
- Coaching Release #11: “Navigating Limited Prep” (9/11/2017)
- Coaching Release #10: “Navigating Debate” (9/4/2017)
- Coaches Release #09: “Navigating Your Online Membership” (8/28/2017)
- Coaches Release #1-8: “Introductory Downloads” (8/21/2017)
- Coaches Pre-release: “New Coaching Membership Launching August 21!” (8/15/2017)
Season 19 Release ScheduleClick here for Season 18
Monument releases weekly downloads at 5:00 AM every Monday morning, Mountain Time. These are released in 3 quarters throughout the school year with an option to join a special Nationals Intensive Training Community in the 4th quarter. Each quarter contains 12 releases, custom written to specific leagues and events, totaling over 400 releases for the entire year. The school season is as follows:
- 1st Quarter (Summer): Members kick off the year for most events, providing them basic lessons on the new debate topics for specific leagues. Competitive speech releases are also available.
- 2nd Quarter (Fall): These consist of 12 additional weeks covering the league resolutions. Limited-prep and speech continue their studies with weekly releases on their events.
- 3rd Quarter (Winter): Members will be enjoying their main tournaments of the season. These releases are meant to narrow the competitive focus and keep speakers and debaters sharp for their competitions.
- 4th Quarter (Spring): Monument narrows its focus to our most popular events and leagues. Members will be invited to join Nationals Intensive Training Communities (NITCs), details to be announced by New Years 2019.
Special Renewal Offer
Get ALL of Season 19 for only $59. That's 40% off, and it is available only to current Season 18 members. Expires 5/31/18.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.