If you want quick links to the downloads you need, this is the page to visit. When logged in, you will be able to download your source material WITH ONE CLICK.
Season 20 Release Schedule
Monument releases content every Monday morning throughout the first semester of school. New to Season 20: ALL SOURCE CONTENT WILL BE RELEASED BY CHRISTMAS. We also have some holiday surprises in store for you. For a detailed schedule, click here. The following is a general release schedule for Season 20:
- August 5, 2019 - All Preseason Material Releases. Every event category will be delivered their kick-off download.
- August 12, 2019 - Keys to Speech & Debate Success. This four-video course gets you prepared for the new year.
- August-September - Most informational material will be released (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- September-December - All cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2019 - You're all set to succeed! Access to the hundreds of releases will continue through June 2020.
Members are fully prepared for competition. Click here to join.
Season 20 Debate Resolutions
Our Monument Member Team writes cases, briefs and articles for several debate leagues. The Season 20 resolutions are:
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its energy policy."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its banking, finance, and/or monetary policy."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: Preventive war is ethical."
- NSDA release six resolutions through the year, three of which Monument writes for:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: In the United States, colleges and universities ought not consider standardized tests in undergraduate admissions decisions."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The United States ought to eliminate subsidies for fossil fuels."
- Jan/Feb 2020: "States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals."
- Mar/Apr 2020: To be announced February 1, 2020.
- Nationals: To be announced May 1, 2020.
- Stoa: "Resolved: Culture ought to value assimilation over multiculturalism."
- Public Forum:
- NSDA Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative."
- NSDA Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The benefits of the United States federal government’s use of offensive cyber operations outweigh the harms."
- NSDA Jan: "The United States should end its economic sanctions against Venezuela."
- NSDA Feb: To be announced January 1, 2020.
- NSDA Mar: To be announced February 1, 2020.
- NSDA Apr: To be announced March 1, 2020.
- NSDA Nationals: To be announced May 1, 2020.