NOTE: This download expired May 31, 2018. See message below.
Summary: There are a few problems with the social contract theory that you can exploit in the round.
Released: Filed Under: Archives
About "Social Contract Theory (OPP)"
Social contract theory is a very common argument to run for government obligation, and it’s very persuasive, too. Who wouldn’t agree that a government shouldn’t protect its citizens? However, there are a few problems with the social contract theory that you can exploit in the round. This brief addresses:
- Multiple Social Contract theories
- Lack of limited government (Hobbes-specific)
- Morality above the social contract (Lock-specific)
- How globalism doesn’t harm the social contract theory
- Download the document with the button above. Study this release and get to know it well. File and print as necessary to prepare for your upcoming competition.
- This download is exclusively for Monument Members participating in Season 19. Any use outside this membership is a violation of U.S. Copyright Law and violators will be prosecuted.
- As always, double check all claims, warrants, hyperlinks and the current news in case any changes have occurred that will affect your competition.
- Do you have questions about this download? Tap in your comment at the bottom of the page. The author, the site owner, or another member will most likely reply.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.