Summary: Another download release for Monument Members!
Released: Filed Under: Public Forum
About "Basic Preparation"
Mike Wascher helped contribute to this release.
The new resolution releases August 8. The following in taken from Green Book for Public Forum Debate, meant to kick off your year with foundational material to help get you ready for competition. This is one of six releases:
- Basic Preparation (7/3/17)
- Speaker Responsibilities (7/10/17)
- Flowing (7/17/17)
- Case Writing (7/24/17)
- Research (7/31/17)
- Crossfire (8/7/17)
- First release on the Season 18 resolution for September/October (8/14/17)
If you would like to purchase Green Book for Public Forum Debate, visit MonumentPublishing.com/public-forum. The book comes with worksheets, model resolutions, and downloads for further study.
Public forum debate is an academic and competitive exercise that has a common framework and follows a specific format in every debate round. Not knowing the framework and format may give you some anxiety. Like any sport or classroom exercise, most anxiety has to do with a lack of understanding. Not knowing what to expect, the idea of standing in front of a judge or teacher, and debating an opponent is the most terrifying thing in the world.
Relax. Every debater starts out wondering where to start. This unit walks you through four expectations you can have that will form the framework and structure of public forum debate.
- Download the document with the button above. Study this release and get to know it well. File and print as necessary to prepare for your upcoming competition.
- This download is exclusively for Monument Members participating in Season 18. Any use outside this membership is a violation of U.S. Copyright Law and violators will be prosecuted.
- As always, double check all claims, warrants, hyperlinks and the current news in case any changes have occurred that will affect your competition.
- NEW FEATURE! Do you have questions about this download? Tap in your comment at the bottom of the page. The author, the site owner, or another member will most likely reply.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.