NOTE: This download expired May 31, 2018. See message below.
Summary: The purpose of this article is to provide you with a broad overview of the topic, and to prepare you to delve deeper into this resolution.
Released: Filed Under: Archives
About "Stoa Resolution Overview"
This is one of FOUR introductory articles released to Monument Members at the beginning of the year. These are meant to be foundational, informational and helpful to gaining an understanding of the new resolution. Release dates are:
- Resolution Overview (7/3/17)
- Wording of the Resolution (7/10/17)
- Philosophies of the Topic (7/17/17)
- Applications (7/24/17)
7:45 am, June 5th, 1967. Operation Focus. The Israeli military launches its first strike against an Egyptian airbase. As the day progresses, swift Israeli raids decimate the air capabilities of Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. By nightfall, Israel has unchallenged dominion over the airspace from Cairo, Egypt, to Damascus, Syria. By the 11th of June, when a ceasefire is brokered by the U.N., Israel has taken control of the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank from Jordan, the Gaza Strip from the Palestinians, and the Golan Heights region from Syria.
The 6 Days War of 1967 is one of the best examples of preemptive warfare. Israel struck hard, struck fast, and dominated a set of underprepared and overconfident adversaries. It’s going to be one of the primary examples for this year of Stoa LD debate, because the resolution is that Preemptive warfare is morally justified. The purpose of this article is to provide you with a broad overview of the topic, and to prepare you to delve deeper into this resolution.
- Download the document with the button above. Study this release and get to know it well. File and print as necessary to prepare for your upcoming competition.
- This download is exclusively for Monument Members participating in Season 19. Any use outside this membership is a violation of U.S. Copyright Law and violators will be prosecuted.
- As always, double check all claims, warrants, hyperlinks and the current news in case any changes have occurred that will affect your competition.
- Do you have questions about this download? Tap in your comment at the bottom of the page. The author, the site owner, or another member will most likely reply.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.
Mark’s competitive history includes top awards in policy, Lincoln-Douglas, parli, extemp, and apologetics in NCFCA and Stoa. He is currently an honors student at the University of Texas, dual-majoring in the Plan II Honors Program and the School of Business. Through his connections with forensics and writing for Monument, Mark earned an internship at the Texas Civil Justice League, where his research aims to increase stability and fairness in Texas’ civil justice system. In his spare time, Mark plays for UT’s rugby team.