Released: Filed Under: Textbook Library
About "Blue Book Teachers Edition"
Educators will enjoy the entire student sourcebook with answers and helps written straight into the book, plus appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions and more. Teachers of policy debate will be totally equipped to educate their team of policy debaters.
What comes with your order of Blue Book Teacher Edition
- Everything that the student edition has:
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in policy debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with the debate partner, club or classroom.
- Each case comes with ready-to-run topical case, affirmative extension, and negative brief.
- All tags and evidence are triple-checked and hyperlinked. Blue Book has been the standard in many leagues for evidence integrity.
- Access to video addenda for model debate rounds.
- Answer keys written straight into the assignments of Blue Book.
- Additional helps throughout the student edition to enhance the classroom experience.
- Appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions, and more.
Table of Contents:
The Teacher Edition comes with answers and teaching aids written straight into the full Blue Book for Policy Debate. The following summarizes the table of contents, but adds the teacher material from the five appendixes that are included in the Teacher Edition. Teacher edition add-ons in BOLD.
- Teacher Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Policy Debate
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Appendixes — Special Additions for Teachers and Coaches
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
- Unit I: Structure of Policy Debate (Lessons 1-3)
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases (Lessons 4-6)
- Unit III: Model Resolutions for Your Debates (Lessons 7-9)
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition (Lessons 10-12)
- Appendix II: Reproducibles
- Worksheet for Lesson 1
- Worksheet for Lesson 2
- Worksheet for Lesson 3A
- Worksheet for Lesson 3B
- Worksheet for Lesson 4
- Worksheet for Lesson 5
- Worksheet for Lesson 6
- Worksheet for Lesson 7
- Worksheet for Lesson 8
- Worksheet for Lesson 9
- Worksheet for Lesson 10
- Appendix III: Drills and Games
- Structure Deviation
- Speaking Drills
- Cross-examination Ring
- 10-Minute Cross-examination
- Piranha Pack
- Crutch Marbles
- Flow Check
- Two-minute 1ARs
- Echo Tags
- Cave Man Debate
- Four Corners Debate
- Evidence Power Grab
- Appendix IV: Scrimmage Instructions
- Pre-scrimmage Preparation
- Tab Room
- Some More Suggestions
- Appendix V: Teacher Membership
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
Coach Vance debated in National Forensic League debate while in high school from 1979-1982. In college, he judged at high school NFL tournaments in North Carolina. A homeschooling dad himself, he realized the growing potential and benefit of homeschool debate and switched over to coaching homeschoolers a couple years later. In 2001, he helped Chris Jeub with bringing The Blue Book to a more advanced level. He has been co-authoring Blue Book ever since.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member or a Library Access Owner you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.