Released: Filed Under: Textbook Library
About "Blue Book for Policy Debate"
Learning policy debate is made simple, successful and fun with Blue Book. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Vance Trefethen, Blue Book teaches readers the structural demands of policy debate, provides introductory releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Blue Book to get the tools necessary for successful policy debating.
What Comes With Blue Book
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in policy debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be done as you study the lessons.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Policy Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Policy Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Policy Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Elements of an Affirmative Case
- Lesson 5: Stock Issues and Other Elements of Debate
- Lesson 6: Research
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Domestic Surveillance
- Lesson 8: Federal Court Reform
- Lesson 9: Trade with China
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Policy Debate League
- Lesson 11: Understand the Status Quo
- Lesson 12: Spotlight Cases
- Monument Membership
- Answer Keys
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.