Released: Filed Under: Archive Library
About "Due Process"
The following consists of the complete season release of cases and briefs from for the topic “Due Process.” Upon purchase, you will have access to Word documents containing each of the cases and briefs listed. NOTE: Notice the release dates at the footer of every page. It is strongly advised to check each hyperlink before running any piece of evidence in an official debate round.
Resolved: In the pursuit of justice, due process ought to be valued above the discovery of fact.
Original Release of Red Book – August 1, 2011
- 1: The Context
- “Means vs Ends, And Everything in Between” by Isaac Sommers
- “More than Justice” by Jon Bateman
- “What is Justice?” by Christian Fernandez
- “Justice in Conduct vs. Justice Administered” by Elizabeth Ertle
- 2: The Courts
- “What Does that Due??” by Susanna Griffith
- “You Have the Right to Remain Silent” by Cody Herche
- “The Supreme Paradox” by Brooke Wade
- “Justice for Whom?” by Tony Mirasola
- 3: In Theory, Anyway…
- “Free the Hamster” by Travis Herche
- “How to Write a Case in 60 Seconds or Less” by Travis Herche
- “How to Run a Kritik Without Hating Yourself” by Travis Herche
- 4. Affirmatives
- “Dueing What is Just’ by Ethan Green
- “That’s the Way it Works, Kid” by Susanna Griffith
- “Securing the Blessings of Liberty” by Brooke Wade
- “Viva la Revolution!” by Jon Bateman
- 5. Negatives
- “Pursuit and Achievement” by Elizabeth Ertle
- “Let the Police Do Their Job” by Cody Herche
- “Just the Facts, Ma’am” by Isaac Sommers
- “The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth” by Tony Mirasola
- “For Better Consequences” by Christian Fernandez
Purchase includes a Word document covering the content listed above.
History of This Resolution
This sourcebook was provided in print edition for the 2011-2012 NCFCA resolution listed above, the resolution debated for the 2012 NCFCA National Tournament at Northwestern College in St. Paul, Minnesota. Monument Publishing ran a camp in the summer of 2011 in Colorado at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park. The group of NCFCA debaters who attended did particularly well in competition.
Contributors to this edition included Kaitlin Nelson (Editor), Travis Herche, Cody Herche, Jon Bateman, Elizabeth Ertle, Christian Fernandez, Ethan Green, Susanna Griffith, Tony Mirasola, Isaac Sommers, and Brooke Wade.