Released: Filed Under: Archive Library
About "Eastern Trade"
The following consists of the complete season release of cases and briefs from for the topic “Eastern Trade.” Upon purchase, you will have access to Word documents containing each of the cases and briefs listed. NOTE: Notice the release dates at the footer of every page. It is strongly advised to check each hyperlink before running any piece of evidence in an official debate round.
Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reform its trade policy with one or more of the following nations: China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan.
Download #1: Spotlight Articles (August 2015) plus Early Season Addendum (October 2015)
- History of East Asia Trade
- The Status Quo of East Asia Trade
- Spotlight Cases:
- Spotlight #1: “AARGH! The Case for WTO Retaliation for Chinese Cyber Piracy” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Spotlight #2: “It’s a Gas: The Case for Exporting LNG to Japan” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Spotlight #3: “The Buck Stops Here: The Case for Stopping Currency Manipulation” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Complete Early Season Downloads
- Case #1 Chinese Cyber Piracy
- Case #2 LNG to Japan
- Case #3 Currency Manipulation
- Case #4 China Export Controls
- Case #5 End China Arms Embargo
- Case #6: Oil Export to S.Korea
- Case #7 Chinese Mercantilism
- Case #8 End Taiwan Arms Sales
- Case #9 Taiwan Submarines
- Case #10 End KORUS FTA
- Case #11 Taiwan FTA
- Case #12 Solar Panels
Download #2: Midseason Supplement (January 2016)
- Trade Deficits Don’t Matter
- Trade Deficits Do Matter
- Foreign Trade Irrelevant to the US Economy
- Trade Liberalization / Free Trade – bad
- Trade Liberalization / Free Trade – good
- China is No Threat
- Repeal Anti-Dumping Duties
- Bilateral Investment Treaty with China
- CHUSTIA – China/US Trade & Investment Agreement
- CHRPA – China Human Rights Protection Act
- Korean Car Quotas
- Declare China a “Market Economy”
3rd Release – 1/1/16
- Food Inspections – China
- Formaldehyde in Wood Exported to Japan
- Formaldehyde in Wood Imported from China
- Intellectual Property Rights Protection
- S. Korea Missile Defense
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Vance Trefethen, author of Keys to Team-Policy Debate and head coach of Training Minds Camps.
- Stefanie Klaves, 2015 National NCFCA Finalist and Region 6 Champion.
- Eric Meinerding, National contender as Wisconsin quarterfinalist in NCFCA.
History of This Resolution
Stoa 2015-2016 Policy Resolution
The National Invitational Tournament of Champions was held in Springfield, Missouri. Monument Publishing hosted a National Intensive Training Camp the weekend before, and 80% of its teams broke to out-rounds. The final round was between Laura Hempton / Justin Holiman of California and Jake Johnson / Ryan Klimek of Colorado.