Released: Filed Under: Archive Library
About "Federal Court Reform"
The following consists of the complete season release of cases and briefs from for the topic “Federal Court Reform.” Upon purchase, you will have access to Word documents containing each of the cases and briefs listed. NOTE: Notice the release dates at the footer of every page. It is strongly advised to check each hyperlink before running any piece of evidence in an official debate round.
Resolved: That the United States Federal Court system should be significantly reformed.
Initial Release (August 1, 2015)
- DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE: THE CASE FOR INDEPENDENT IMMIGRATION COURTS
- STARRY NIGHT: THE CASE FOR ABOLISHING FISA COURT
- SERIOUS RESERVATIONS: THE CASE FOR INDIAN TRIBAL SOVEREIGNTY
- RUNAWAY JURY: THE CASE FOR GRAND JURY REFORM
- DEAL WITH THE DEVIL: THE CASE FOR ABOLISHING PLEA BARGAINING
- A GOOD LAWYER: THE CASE FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION IN IMMIGRATION COURTS
- RETIREMENT PLAN: THE CASE FOR SUPREME COURT TERM LIMITS
- DESPICABLE ME: THE CASE FOR THE SUPREME COURT ETHICS ACT
- OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN: THE CASE FOR THE MILITARY JUSTICE IMPROVEMENT ACT
- TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS: THE CASE FOR ABOLISHING DIVERSITY JURISDICTION
- LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION: THE CASE FOR THE BANKRUPTCY VENUE REFORM ACT
- HERE’S LOOKING AT YOU: THE CASE FOR COURTROOM CAMERAS
Midseason Releases (January 1, 2016)
- Negative Brief: Asset Forfeiture Reform
- Negative Brief: Special Prosecutor for Police Misconduct
- Negative Brief: Mandatory Minimum Sentences Repeal
- Negative Brief: Exclusionary Rule Repeal
- Negative Brief: Create Patent Court
- Negative Brief: Create federal court in American Samoa
- Negative Brief: Mandatory Interrogation Videos
- Negative Brief: Loser Pays Rule
- Negative Brief: Abolish Peremptory Jury Challenges
- Negative Brief: Bring back Federal Parole
- Negative Brief: Lawful Permanent Resident Waivers
- Negative Brief: Pre-Trial Interrogation Statements Admitted in Court (frightened witnesses)
- Negative Brief: Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims reform
- Negative Brief: Repeal Hate Crimes
- Negative Brief: Split up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Negative Brief: Mens Rea reform
- Vance Trefethen, author of Keys to Team-Policy Debate and head coach of Training Minds Camps.
- Stefanie Klaves, 2015 National NCFCA Finalist and Region 6 Champion.
- Eric Meinerding, National contender as Wisconsin quarterfinalist in NCFCA.
History of This Resolution
NCFCA 2015-2016 Policy Resolution
The NCFCA National Tournament was held in 2016 at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, Oklahoma. This sourcebook was released in 2015 and a midseason supplement released January 1, 2016, to prepare competitors for the 2016 competitive season.