Released: Filed Under: Textbook Library
About "Green Book Teachers Edition"
Learning public forum debate is made simple, successful and fun with Green Book and its related materials. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Mike Wascher, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of public forum debate, provides summer releases for preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Green Book to get the tools necessary for successful public forum debating.
What comes with your order of Green Book Teacher Edition
- Everything that the student edition has:
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Public Forum debate.
- Free access to video content to accompany the lessons.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Answer keys written straight into the assignments of Green Book.
- Additional helps throughout the student addition to enhance the classroom experience.
- Appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions, and more.
Table of Contents
The Teacher Edition comes with answers and teaching aids written straight into the full Green Book for Public Forum Debate. The following summarizes the table of contents, but adds the teacher material from the five appendixes that are included in the Teacher Edition. Teacher edition add-ons in BOLD.
- Teacher Edition Introduction
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition
- Appendixes — Special Additions for Teachers and Coaches
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate (Lessons 1-3)
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases (Lessons 4-6)
- Unit III: Model Resolutions (Lessons 7-9)
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition (Lessons 10-12)
- Appendix II: Reproducibles
- Worksheet for Lesson 1
- Worksheet for Lesson 2
- Worksheet for Lesson 3A
- Worksheet for Lesson 3B
- Worksheet for Lesson 4
- Worksheet for Lesson 5
- Worksheet for Lesson 6
- Worksheet for Lesson 7
- Worksheet for Lesson 8
- Worksheet for Lesson 9
- Appendix III: Drills and Games
- Structure Deviation
- Speaking Drills
- Crossfire Ring
- Piranha Pack
- Crutch Marbles
- Flow Check
- One-minute 1ARs
- Echo Tags
- Cave Man Debate
- Four Corners Debate
- Appendix IV: Advanced Strategies
- Appendix V: Scrimmage Instructions
- Pre-scrimmage Preparation
- Tab Room
- Some More Suggestions
- Appendix VI: Teacher Membership
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
Coach Mike Wascher is Public Forum debate coach at Lake Highland Preparatory School in Orlando, Florida. He has coached at least one PF team to the semi-finals or finals of TOC, CNATs, NSDA Nationals or NDCA Nationals every year since 2009, as well as NSDA National Champions in Public Forum Debate in 2013 and Catholic Forensic League National Champions in Public Forum Debate in 2009.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member or a Library Access Owner you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.