Released: Filed Under: Textbook Library
About "Green Book for Public Forum"
Learning public forum debate is made simple, successful and fun with Green Bookand its related materials. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Mike Wascher, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of public forum debate, provides summer releases for preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Green Book to get the tools necessary for successful public forum debating.
What Comes With Green Book
- A physical copy of Green Book (for a digital download instead, see here).
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in public forum debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be done as you study the lessons.
- Each release comes with resolution explanation, follow-up worksheets, and ready-to-run cases.
- Digital access to the Summer Releases, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases/briefs written specifically for the current year’s resolutions.
- Physical Green Books purchased through this site come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Public Forum Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Case Writing
- Lesson 5: Research
- Lesson 6: Crossfire
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Cuban Embargo
- Lesson 8: Military Spending
- Lesson 9: Electoral Colleges
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition
- Lesson 10: Competition
- Lesson 11: Topic Release
- Lesson 12: Write Your Own Cases
Coach Mike Wascher is Public Forum debate coach at Lake Highland Preparatory School in Orlando, Florida. He has coached at least one PF team to the semi-finals or finals of TOC, CNATs, NSDA Nationals or NDCA Nationals every year since 2009, as well as NSDA National Champions in Public Forum Debate in 2013 and Catholic Forensic League National Champions in Public Forum Debate in 2009.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.