Released: Filed Under: Textbook Library
About "Red Book for Lincoln-Douglas Debate"
Learning Lincoln-Douglas debate is made simple, successful and fun with Red Bookand its related materials. LD debaters have relied on Red Book since 2000, a true staple for their preparation. Authored by Chris Jeub, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of Lincoln-Douglas debate, provides summer releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Red Book to get the tools necessary for successful Lincoln-Douglas debating.
What comes with your Red Book
- A physical copy of Red Book (for a digital download instead, see here).
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Each release comes with ready-to-run affirmative and negative cases.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Digital access to the Summer Releases, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases written specifically for the current year’s resolutions. A $29 value! (see below)
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Physical Red Books purchased through this site come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents
- What Is Lincoln-Douglas Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Your Value Proposition
- Lesson 5: Contentions
- Lesson 6: The Rebuttals
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Civil Disobedience
- Lesson 8: Privacy vs. Security
- Lesson 9: Liberal Arts vs. Practical Skills
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Lincoln-Douglas Debate League
- Lesson 11: Preparing for Tournaments
- Lesson 12: New Spotlight Cases
- Red Membership
- Answer Keys
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All membership content is proprietary intellectual content, so please respect its copyright. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited.
Would you like to join?
Downloads like these don't grow on trees. They take hard work from experts. But we make it easy and affordable with a membership, and we'd love for you to join us! Fill out the fields below to be included in all that Season 19 has to offer:
Click here for more information.